Wednesday, June 14, 2017

DAY 1 TUES JUNE 13 BOAC MIA TO HEATHROW


In my lifetime I don't remember ever hearing so much debate about Europe as in recent times.  Between Brexit, the refugee crisis, ongoing financial challenges in the euro zone, and the incidents of violence motivated by questions of national  and religious identity etc- is this EU idea ever going to work out?  And yet we Americans love to visit Europe- the arts, the scenery, the food, the history and the people bring us visiting year after year.  The pace of life invites us to slow down, stop for a minute to look, absorb and enjoy.  But first we must get through the airport experience.....

We rent a car in Naples and drive over to the Miami Airport.  The Miami Airport is always an adventure- packed morning noon and night-with such an array of humanity .  I have queried Bubs about what he brought in those bags...to make sure no hassle at Security checkpoint.









So off we go on BRITISH AIRWAYS- hoping they fixed their being hacked debacle and got all the passengers who were stranded to wherever they were heading pre hack.




I have to load up on my trashy magazines and check out what they are offering at Hudson's.

Yep, new mag on how to do biz in Cuba.




3/4 of the magazines are in Spanish- Ole!








This one caught my eye- especially in light of a paper/research my guru from the 70's recently sent me about Integrity in  Business...or the lack there of.












Boca notices an article in USA Today about a new book that one of our Quail West neighbor's daughter wrote.









Please dear Lord, no babies next to me!



Glad I picked up one of these just incase...














Bubs takes 5 in the Admiral Lounge- notice the water bottle and not a Jack Daniels.  Will his new healthy life style continue to get on my last nerve?


We stopped by to say hi to Alexandra and she sent along his Father's Day Card- good one Al!









Hop on British Air- drag your carry on to the upper floor Mr. Collins?  Of the airplane?  Yup.

Oh no Bubs yelps, I CAN'T STAND THIS LAYOUT!  AND NOW I HAVE TO RIDE BACKWARDS!!!  BOCA REMINDS BUB THAT HE SHOULD HAVE ASKED ABOUT WHAT TYPE OF PLANE WE WERE BEING BOOKED ON AS THIS IS A CONSTANT ISSUE...GUESS YOU DIDN'T LEARN FROM THE LAST 5 FLIGHTS???




SLEEPING WITH STRANGERS....THE PLANE MUST BE 30 YEARS OLD.














AND THIS WAS BOCA'S VIEW ALL NIGHT.   AS WE KNOW BOCA DOESN'T SLEEP MUCH SO SHE AND THE STEWARDESS HAD THE GIGGLES ALL NIGHT LONG WATCHING THE GUY ACROSS THE AISLE.


..







BY THE WAY- Do you bring your phone?  Buy a phone card?  Use Viper?

What apps do you use over there?  Heard about  ONEFINESTAY,  PRETTY STREETS, FLY EUROPE, THEFORK, MICHELIN TRAVEL, GO EURO, CITYMAPPER, MONUMENT TRACKER, TRIP LINGO.  We just turn our phones off.

Boca is fantasizing about  enjoying a "favorable" exchange rate...and Bubba  reminds me I need to start saving for the wedding.  Yeah, keep that dream alive Bubs.